ISRI has announced the dates for the Fall 2021 ISRI Safety and Environmental Conference (ISEC), the most comprehensive source of up-to-date information and guidance on safe operations and environmental compliance in the recycling industry. This year’s virtual event will be at 2 p.m. EDT on three consecutive Tuesdays, Nov. 9, 16, and 23. Environmental health and safety professionals from across the industry and government will share lessons learned, best practices, and much more.
The virtual platform eases participation from a broad base of voices from across the industry. Participants can send questions live, offer expertise to others in open discussions, and gather useful information for their operations.
“Emergency action planning is the central focus, and we’re doing it from the perspective and experience of the members,” explains Tony Smith, ISRI’s vice president of safety.
Here is the schedule of educational sessions (all times are Eastern Daylight Time).
Tuesday, Nov. 9
- 2 p.m.: Seven Best Ways to Control Cost of Business Insurance and Increase Profits. Presenters: Steve Fuoco, senior vice president, Bradley & Parker; Jason Maslin, insurance counselor, Bradley & Parker.
- 3:05 p.m.: Environmental Impact of Natural Disasters–Aftermath and Cleanup for Recyclers. Presenters: Melissa Kaps, co-lead, resiliency and natural disaster debris, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); Kristina Torres, co-lead, resiliency and natural disaster debris, EPA; David Wagger, Ph.D., ISRI chief scientist and director of environmental management.
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- 2 p.m.: Transportation/Trucking Safety–Overhead Powerline Hazards. Presenter: Brianne Deerwester, communications coordinator, Electrical Safety Foundation International.
- 3:05 p.m.: The Impact of Serious Accidents on the Lives of People. Presenters: Jerry Heitman, safety manager and environmental health coordinator, Sadoff Iron & Metal; Ricky Rollins, founder, Ricky Rollins Safety Speeches.
Tuesday, Nov. 23
- 2 p.m.: Importance of Planning for Natural Disasters and an Outline for Planning. Presenter: to be decided, Ohio Emergency Management Agency.
- 3:05 p.m.: Emergency and Disaster Response Experiences and Shared Ideas on Emergency Planning Lessons Learned. Presenters: Eric Albert, president of Albert Bros., Inc.; Joe Bistes, vice president of business development, Pull-A-Part; Bill Rouse, quality, environmental, health, and safety manager, PK Metals.
Register for the Fall ISEC here.
Photo courtesy of ISRI.