One week left to submit your application for the 2024 Design for Recycling® (DFR) Award. Don’t miss out! ISRI is accepting award entries through Feb. 12, 2024. The DFR Award is ISRI’s highest recognition given annually to the most outstanding product designed with recycling in mind. ISRI’s most prestigious award recognizes the proactive steps made by manufacturers who have actively incorporated DFR principles into products and manufacturing processes.
The 2024 awardee will be recognized and receive the award the April at ISRI2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Applicant products are evaluated against the following Design for Recycling® criteria:
- Contain the maximum amount of materials that are recyclable.
- Be easily recycled through current or newly designed recycling processes and procedures.
- Be cost effective to recycle, whereby the cost to recycle does not exceed the value of its recycled materials.
- Be free of hazardous materials that are not recyclable or impede the recycling process.
- Minimizes the time and cost involved to recycle the product.
- Reduce use of raw materials by including recycled materials and/or components.
Interested parties can submit their products for 2024 DFR Award consideration using the online form or electronic application on or before the Feb. 12, 2024 deadline. Applicants will be notified by March 11, 2024.